Posted by Alimar Private Label on 7/8/2022 to Education
What does the beach smell like? And, how do we encapsulate the subtle nuances of a summer day on the beach?
The beach conjures a symphony of smells from beachgoers. The scent of orange, mandarin, grapefruit, caramel, and musk often permeates the air. The coconutty scent of sunscreen mixed with salt and grasses.
The ocean smells of brine, salt, seaweed (iodine) and marine life (animalic and musky). At low tide, it predominately smells of seaweed, wet sand, and perhaps stranded shellfish with other mineralic notes.
Some popular ocean-inspired scents include:
- Almond Milk & Sea Salt: Lemon flower and sea salt blend effortlessly with the creaminess of almond milk, enhancing its subtle sweetness. Nuances of jojoba, coconut, cherry wood, and melon blossom complete the scent, leaving a lasting, sensual impression.
- Beachy: Day at the beach complete with warm sand, sea spray, salt, jasmine and mandarin.
- Bergamot & Dune Grass (N): Marine mist fills the air with hints of lemon, bergamot and orange, while cypress and sandalwood adds a smooth depth.
- Bum Bum*: An addictive scent like a tropical vacation - a blend of açai, coconut, tonka bean, sandalwood and exotic musk.
- Cashmere Coconut: Fresh shavings of delicate coconut blended with scattered tiny grains of sensual sandalwood and topped with rich, creamy shea butter.
- Coco Mango: Fresh mango and coconut shavings. Sweet undertones of sugared musk blend to complete this tropical paradise.
- Coconut: Refreshing as a ripe coconut on a desert island.
- Coconut (N): A sweet and tempting combination of creamy coconut and smooth vanilla topped with accents of fresh orange and juicy strawberry.
- Coconut Lime & Verbena: A tantalizing fusion of fresh coconut, lime and invigorating verbena soothed by luscious vanilla.
- Exotic Fruit (N): Tropical top notes of ripe melon, sweet orange, coconut, and mandarin come together with a sugary vanilla base.
- Jazzy Vanilla (N): Jasmine petals are accented with notes of ylang and green foliage while a fruity-gourmand accord of strawberry, coconut, vanilla bean, almond, and caramel provides a sweet finish.
- Linden Blossom & Jasmine (N): Eucalyptus, fresh herbs, and lemongrass are enhanced with notes of lime blossom and jasmine. Sea moss, jacaranda wood, and patchouli provide a warm finish at the base.
- Pina Colada: Delectably tart wedges of deep golden pineapple are smoothed out with sweet, shavings of creamy coconut and a squeeze of refreshing lime.
- Pink Grapefruit & Coconut (N): Raspberry, coconut and pineapple are brightened with sunkissed orange, pink grapefruit and peach skin.
- Pistachio & Magnolia: Delicate pistachio milk blended with creamy coconut, magnolia petals and shea butter providing a purely pampering aroma.
- Sea Glass: The fresh clean scent of sea water, fresh air, sparkling citrus and soft woods.
- Sea Minerals & Oud: Rich layers of dark woods and oud is misted with sea salt air.
- Seamoss (N): Capturing the cool, salty air of the Icelandic coast, this nurturing, detoxifying scent is comprised of citrus tonic, Moroccan rosemary, salted algae, oakmoss, extract and washed cedar.
- Sun & Sand: A tropical beach breeze of sweet orange blossom, bright citrus, French lavender and powdery musk.
- Ocean Mist (N): Coastal notes of salty ocean air are paired with zesty citrus, beach driftwood, golden amber and coconut.
- Ocean Scent: Sparkling citrus notes married with marine essence and lily.